Using NYC on a
Even though you can install
NYC on a USB flash drive, we do not recommend it because of 1) slower perfo
To install NYC on a flash drive:
1. Plug the flash drive into a USB port
2. Use My Computer to see which drive letter was assigned to your flash drive when you plugged it in.
3. Run the setup file for NYC, specifying your flash drive’s drive letter as the installation location.
This procedure installs certain shared files into Windows on the PC. You must run this installation again on any laptop or other computer you want to run NYC on using your USB flash drive.
NYC from the
My Computer (XP) or Computer (
2. Find the “Nyc.exe” file and run it (dbl-click).
3. To create a shortcut on your laptop or desktop computer, select the Nyc.exe file, right-click then select Create shortcut…
You should note that disk
access on a flash drive can be slower than on a hard drive, so you should
expect reduced perfo