Obtaining the Cost of a Recipe
NYC's normal costing mode is to cost out shopping lists created when saving meal plans. Meal plans are created by selecting recipes and individual items. This approach can be used to easily obtain the cost of a recipe, as follows:
1. Open a new meal plan (Menu... Plan... then File... New Menu...)
2. Select a recipe for the new menu.
3. Press the Save Menu button (this creates the menu's shopping list).
Note that if you save the menu as MYMENU, then NYC stores the menu as mymenu.mnu and its shopping list as mymenu.shp.
4. Close the menu window and select Shopping... List> Cost...
5. Select the shopping list to cost out (e.g., mymenu.shp).
See previous NYC Tips
Back to Now You're Cooking! Recipe Software